Gas Boiler Servicing & Repairs in Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells & Sevenoaks.
Possibly the most important advantage and benefit of having your gas boiler serviced on a frequent and annual basis is that it helps to make your living or working environment a much safer place.
A boiler that is defective or damaged and has not had a proper gas servicing can be incredibly dangerous to you and your family. This could potentially lead to fires and gas leaks in the home or work place.
Top 4 Reasons to Have Your Gas Boiler Serviced Every Year
- Safety – all wood burning and fossil fuel burning appliances (such as natural gas) can produce really toxic poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) if they are not functioning properly. If you want to keep your family safe, a Gas Safe Registered engineer like FixLink will check your boiler for CO leaks and problems.
- Valid Warranty – all warranties require that your gas boiler is annually serviced by a registered, Gas Safe registered engineer. If you fail to do this, you will most likely invalidate your warranty. This could easily result in expensive repair bills if your boiler were to break down.
- Breakdown Less – similar to taking your car for its required and legal MOT, getting your gas boiler serviced, having all of the boilers components checked for damage and replaced if necessary is a definite way to stay ahead of any breakdowns. Usually, any issues would be picked up during an annual gas boiler service and acted upon before they became a full issue, like you being left without heating and hot water. This also means your boiler is less likely to breakdown when you and your family need it most in the middle of the winter and cold months.
- Efficiency – a well cared for and maintained gas boiler with a regular boiler servicing history will work more efficiently. This is a no brainer, as it means you will be using less fuel and reducing your energy bills. It’s a win win all around.
At FixLink we take annual gas boiler servicing very seriously. We believe that a gas boiler service shouldn’t be confused with a gas safety check.
We have a holistic approach to annual boiler service-Just like your car needs to have a service to make sure the brakes are safe and to change the oil, a boiler needs to be serviced by Gas safe registered engineer, to make sure it is running safely and efficiently.
It’s also a requirement of your Boiler Warranty to have an annual service.
- The boiler
- System pump
- Motorised valves
- Radiator venting and checking for cold spots
- Thermostatic valves
- Programmers and room thermostats
- Immersion heater
- T&P or PRV valves
- Visible pipe work and many more